Saturday, July 21, 2012

Made In Chelsea's Kimberley Garner On Designing Her Premiere Dress: EXCLUSIVE

Made In Chelsea's Kimberley Garner On Designing Her Premiere Dress: EXCLUSIVE | Grazia Fashion

Forget Anne Hathaway and Marion Cotillard. The talk of the town at The Dark Knight Rises premiere in London on Thursday night was Kimberley Garner of Made In Chelsea fame. Kimberley took to the red carpet in a daring aquamarine dress which revealed more than a little flesh. Given that the blonde star had designed the dress herself, she must have been a little bit peeved to see Pixie Lott wearing a near-identical gown. Uh oh. We chatted to Kimberley to find out more…

Grazia Daily: Why did you design your own dress for the premiere?

Kimberley Garner: Since I was a little girl I have been drawing sketches of dress designs. I have always loved fashion, so took the brave leap of starting. 

Grazia Daily: What was your inspiration?

Kimberley Garner: I wanted to create a WOW piece for the red carpet. I chose aquamarine silk as I wanted something fun and bright for summer.

Grazia Daily: How long did the process take from start to finish?

Kimberley Garner: I have a lot of designs, but each dress takes about three days to make. The fit is so important so I work very closely throughout the process. 

Grazia Daily: Would you like to have a career as a fashion designer?

Kimberley Garner: I have books and books of designs so yes! It’s definitely on the cards. I am starting on my own but would like to collaborate with a larger company further down the line.

Grazia Daily: What are your top tips for nailing the red carpet look?

Kimberley Garner: The red carp et is an amazing place for fashion. It is one of the few places that one can be creative. I believe full-length is best when on the red carpet so I like to keep it glamorous.

Grazia Daily: Who would you love to see wearing your designs?

Kimberley Garner: I just want to make dresses that women feel fabulous in. I’m only 22 so I want to branch out with fresh, young designs - the sort of dresses that you can just put on and feel beautiful in. 

Any takers?


Via: Made In Chelsea's Kimberley Garner On Designing Her Premiere Dress: EXCLUSIVE

0 comments:

Post a Comment