Tuesday, July 10, 2012

EXCLUSIVE: Tallulah Harlech's Super-Stylish Singapore Diary!

EXCLUSIVE: Tallulah Harlech's Super-Stylish Singapore Diary! | Grazia Fashion

Tallulah Harlech: aspiring actress, model, style icon in the making, one of the most connected 24 year olds we know AND daughter of Karl Lagerfeld’s muse, Lady Amanda Harlech. If she asked you whether you’d like to see a picture diary of her incredible trip to Singapore you’d accept, right? That’s exactly what Grazia Daily has been lucky enough to do. We’ve got an exclusive report on Tallulah’s six days of jealousy-inducing fun-times, glamorous dinners and lots of fabulous fashion moments. ENJOY!

DAY 1:
Landed in hot sticky goodness at Singapore airport early in the morning and got to the St Regis hotel with a couple of hours to spare before doing a photoshoot. It took place in the presidential suite - I wondered what I'd have to do to be allowed to stay there....! Having been greeted by a personalised bottle of champagne I was curious to see what these guys had in store for me. The day rounded off peacefully at their famous JUMBO seafood at Dempsey, by then my eyelids were closing into my main sustenance for the day: endless fresh watermelon juice.

DAY 2:
MY BIRTHDAY! I've never been one to celebrate so I'd come out here with my working cap on. During the day I got a sneaking suspicion people knew... After a great press conference for the Asia Fashion Exchange with Nicola Formichetti, Mugler's designer Sebastien Peigne and Colin McDowell the buzz was on for the show. Crowds and crowds of 'panda' lovers (newly termed 'the Formichetti effect' by Liberty London Girl, Sasha Wilkins) began to form. Everyone swooned at the slinky designs on the catwalk and it was a race to get to dinner for more Mugler love back at the St Regis. Words do not describe the deliciousness of the carefully constructed menu, co-selected by top restaurant Gaggenau (wagyu beef garnished with leaves that tasted exactly like, wait for it - oysters ! It’s on my fantasy wedding menu now!). I'd forgotten it was my birthday until Colin made a very special speech, the first I've ever had, and then proceeded to sing Happy Birthday to me. He did get me confused with Lucy Birley (thinking of her and my mum as firm friends) and in fact sung the words "Happy Birthday, dear Lucy!!!" Only Colin could get away with that… After cake and presents it was the after-party DJ'd by The Misshapes at the Red Dot Museum. After exhausting my voice in the DJ booth and distracting my friend and female Misshape, Leigh from her job, I slipped away with a new outlook on how to spend my birthday celebrations…

DAY 3:
I was off to explore the local designers at the Blueprint Opening Ceremony. I came across some new favourites - Nikicio and also Ostwald Helgason (who are actually British!). Then it was time to take part in the Asian Fashion Exchange debate with Colin McDowell as chairman, fashion c onsultant Nikki Rowntree, Sasha Wilkins and Daniel Saynt from socialyte.co. We discussed the influence of digitalisation and fashion. I had lots of things up my sleeve in terms of my own views and understandings about the necessities of the online part of the industry. That evening, Singapore's most famous fashion house, RAOUL, had their show which was styled brilliantly by Haidee Findlay-Levin. Then we headed to the roof-top bar A Loof, where US designer Timo Weiland was DJing. I didn't so much party but peruse the old school 'Mama' shop, looking at children's toys and books! My leaving thought: all clubs need this.

DAY 4:
A big photo shoot for a Singaporean magazine took up the largest chunk of my day. I wore a mix of Chanel Pre-Fall 2012 with some Singaporean designers thrown in to support the AFX. I came across looking very 70's, like the Charlie's Angel Jaclyn Smith.

Having spent all day in air-conditioning I was freezing and so Sasha Wilkins (aka Liberty London Girl) kindly took me to the Hawker Centre at Newton Circus for some Singaporean delights and hot spicy food.

DAY 5:
I spent my morning roaming around one of the many shopping malls in the city for presents I could bring home. Standing at the food vendors and watching the chefs make intricate shrimp rolls and authentic pancakes was like being in a trance - a still image doesn't do it justice.

The afternoon included a show from another of Singapore's well noted design houses, ALLDRESSEDUP. Despite the boiling heat in the city - they made a damn good leather jacket which I wore to the show. After a few more interviews and catching Zac Posen making a last dash outside before his show started, I took my seat ready to be enthralled by his autumn/winter 2012 collection. His creations made me dream if being  transported to a premiere at Cannes.

DAY 6:
Last day and so in the morning I took the chance to explore a bit of Singapore, a very tiny bit (Tiong Bahru) but something that fitted into my schedule. I came across the sweetest bookshop that had all my childhood favourites, Jemima Puddle-Duck and the always slightly absurd The Moomin's. An afternoon of tea, coffee and interviews concluded with the closing show from Roland Mouret. I was prepared to embody the sophistication of Roland's designs as I sat next to him calmly and grandly, before falling into fits of laughter and giggles over our brilliant dinner. After talking about everything possible it was time for bed... my time in Singapore to be loved and left.


Via: EXCLUSIVE: Tallulah Harlech's Super-Stylish Singapore Diary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment